COLIN SUTTON – WORDS ON CRIME
· I will only do voluntary work where those that are asking me are working for free too - which I think is fair.
· I was a Senior Investigating Officer in the Metropolitan Police from January 2003 to January 2011, leading more than 30 successful murder investigations, notably the Levi Bellfield case and the successful re-investigation of the 17-year reign of terror of the ‘Nightstalker’ Delroy Grant.
· I have extensive experience of proactive and reactive investigations, investigative reviews and intelligence-gathering and analysis, having held the rank of Detective Chief Inspector in varied roles for a total of 15 years in three different police forces.
· I was the prosecution analyst for the CBS Reality series “The Jury Room”
· I am a regular analyst / contributor for true crime documentaries made by ITN and many independent production companies.
· I have given technical advice to best-selling crime authors and TV screenwriters.
· I have also worked for BBC TV and Radio, Sky News and ITV News, commenting on high-profile crimes such as Madeleine McCann, Tia Sharp, April Jones, Steven Lawrence and Milly Dowler, as well as strategic issues such as police reform and the criminal law.
· I have signed a deal for a book to be published in 2018 and I am also completing co-writing a commissioned TV drama, also for 2018.
· In print, I have written for The Times, The Sun, The Mirror and the Daily Mail, dealing with live cases as well as subjects as diverse as the Kennedy assassination, the case for a universal DNA database and reforms to the probation service.